Wednesday, June 1, 2016

X-Men Apocalypse & Satanic, Sing

Again, I am terribly sorry about the delays; as always, thank you so much for your generous patience.

So, I just saw X-Men Apocalypse, and it was EPIC. I can't believe how good it was. There were so many funny scenes, but there was a lot of intense drama, too. What I liked best about this, was at a key moment, there was a fantastic reference to,... The Hobbit: The Battle Of Five Armies, and it was PERFECT. If you have all ready seen it, did you catch it? If you haven't seen it yet, you know what to look for. What I liked best was how they took characters I didn't particularly like--Jean Gray and Scott Summers/Cyclops--and gave you plenty of reasons to like them. There also would have been an easy out for the film to take--I won't mention it now, but I will in the post, which will be small, so I don't get further behind than I am all ready--but they didn't, they took a much more difficult road instead and that's going to work to everyone's advantage. In other words, if you haven't seen it, you most definitely need to, not to mention the importance for other future X-Men films, but the upcoming (final) Wolverine film as well (and there is an end-credits scene, so don't you leave early!).

Opening this weekend is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of the Shadows (just as Michael Bay begins production this week on his final Transformers' film, The Last Knight). IO actually didn't see the TMNT released in 2014, so I am watching that tomorrow, but, barring other catastrophes befalling me and mine, I will be off to see it this weekend, and I might even pop in and see Alice Through the Looking Glass just so I know what they are complaining about.

Two trailers have been released the last week that I'm interested in; the first is Satanic, which looks fairly disturbing, but also like it carries an important message, so if things like The Exorcist bother you, please don't watch this trailer:
Rather like in Ouija (the film) we see Millennials touring something with which they have no knowledge of: in this case, they are on their way to the Coachella Music Festival and are touring occult crime scenes on their way. What they fail to do is 1)., believe that things which they cannot see exist, and 2)., they fail to respect the power of their own free will and how it can be abused and destroy them. On a much lighter note, there is this delightful animated feature that will be so pro-capitalist, I can't wait!
In trailers for both Money Monster and Nerve, "risk" is being targeted as something dangerous and a major aspect of capitalism, which it is, but in Sing, we see how personal it is, and transforming; this is something that builds us all up, and sustains us. We can't live without dreams, and the need to see our dream become reality is what gives us the strength to take those difficult risks, whereby everyone benefits.
Eat Your Art Out,
The Fine Art Diner