Friday, January 22, 2016

Thank You!

Dear Readers,
Thank you so much for all the beautiful emails you have sent! I am terribly sorry: I had a nasty set-back, but am nearly recovered,... again. Thank you for your outpouring of concern and love, your prayers and wishes, it means more than I can tell you. I am trying to respond to them all, so, as always, be patient, but thank you so very, very much for your kindness and concern. The next post that will be up will be Spectre, promise. In the meantime, here is a little quiz for you: the song Donna Lucia (Monica Belluci) plays when she arrives home and pours herself a glass (just before Bond dispatches her would-be assassins) is Antonio Vivaldi's Nisi Dominus (Largo) performed by Andreas Scholl, a German countertenor. Why, at this moment in the narrative, would director Sam Mendes have Psalm 126 playing in the background just before she is saved by Bond?
All my love and gratitude,
The Fine Art Diner