Friday, October 2, 2015

Trailers: Spectre #3, Mockingjay Part 2, Crimson Peak & The Martian

This was a surprisingly emotional film to watch; Scott's pacing is perfection, and even though I haven't been a fan of Matt Damon's for many years now, I believe in giving credit where credit is due and it's due at his doorstep; he was fantastic. 
Ridley Scott's The Martian is phenomenal. I absolutely loved it. I saw it in 3D and it was definitely worth it; 3D technology was made for films like this. It was excellent, on every level. I can't recommend it highly enough. If you go to a movie this weekend, catch it. This is one of those that, even with big-budget home entertainment theaters, you are going to miss a lot if you don't catch it on the big screen because this is a film when the landscape and environment is definitely one of the main characters of the narrative. Allow me to put it to you this way: when I look back on 2015, I will be naming The Martian as one of the best films of the year. On a different note, Spectre has released their third and final trailer before the release, and it's exceptionally good.
I'm not going to spend time on this trailer now because I want to get the post on The Martian up; this clip was also released today for Mockingjay: Part 2:
I'm not particularly excited about the whole Hunger Games story line, and I DO apologize to those of you who are fans of it that I don't give it more time. I am, however, wildly ready to see Crimson Peak and a little new trailer has been released for that as well:
On a last note before closing, while waiting for The Martian to come on, I saw Star Wars VII trailer in 3D; please, please, if you are going to see the film--and I will post as soon as tickets are available--please see it in 3D; it will be WORTH IT.
Eat Your Art Out,
The Fine Art Diner