Friday, October 16, 2015

Opening This Weekend: Crimson Peak, Bridge Of Spies, Goosebumps

Jessica Chastain as Lady Lucille Sharpe.
There are several films coming out this weekend, and I have just been to see Crimson Peak; it was EVEN BETTER than I anticipated, and I had high standards for this one! No matter how many times we see this film, we will still be catching new references and symbols, connections and metaphors. I loved it. DO NOT, however, take kids to see this film! This is an adult film, take the little ones to see another opener this weekend, like Goosebumps: after I get my post on Crimson Peak done, I will go see this; the theater was packed with families there to see the Jack Black film, so if you are going, get there early, I will probably go see Bridge of Spies Monday: yes, it's all ready being talked about as an Oscar contender, but what Tom Hanks film isn't? There is plenty of time to see that, but I think I am going to check out Sciaro as well: I have heard the film takes a very conservative approach to the illegal immigration issue, so much so that some are calling it "Trump's agenda," and one clip I have seen would certainly attest to that. I am wondering if someone realized the film could bolster Trump's ratings and that's why Emily Blunt made such derogatory statements, knowing conservatives would likely boycott if she did so. All of this is my personal conjecture, but I am interested in seeing it, it just might not be until Monday; then, next week, The Last Witch Hunter with Vin Diesel comes out and I am looking forward to that as well.
I will get Crimson Peak up asap!
Eat Your Art Out,
The Fine Art Diner