Friday, May 15, 2015

Pitch Perfect 2 Is a Winner

I went to see Mad Max last night, and 30 seconds before I got to buy my ticket, Mad Max sold out; I couldn't believe it; so I saw Pitch Perfect 2, which I had intended seeing this weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed it! It was thoroughly political and hit all the right notes! While this isn't the first time Elizabeth Banks has directed (Ms. Banks portrays Gale in the film, and is better known as Effie Trinket in The Hunger Games films) it's her first time directing a film this big; she does a fantastic job, and doesn't hesitate to reveal how women sabotage themselves and capitalism has helped minorities; there is also a very intriguing position on the gay issue that she takes. All in all, it was funny (maybe a bit crude at times), moving and meaningful; I can highly recommend it! I am going to get that post up now, asap, and when that is done, go see Mad Max and get that one up!
Eat Your Art Out,
The Fine Art Diner