Saturday, February 28, 2015

Misc News

It is incredibly sad that Leonard Nimoy has passed away. I knew he had been taken to the hospital, but didn't realize how serious his condition was. Prayers and thoughts to his family, loved ones and memory.
I have just significantly updated and expanded (with even some new images) the post 3 Davids, 3 Theologies: Donatello, Michelangelo and Bernini. This is a post plenty of people in art history classes site and study, so it was definitely time to revisit these ideas and freshen them up a bit.
Marvel has released a few new posters today for The Avengers 2, including this one of Thor and Nick Fury. Chris Hemsworth, who portrays Thor, revealed that Thor's biggest fear is "corruption of his power," and that Scarlet Witch, played by newcomer Elizabeth Olsen, has something to do with that. In the poster above, Thor stands in three-quarters profile, his right side hidden from view, suggesting that his greatest strength--his right side--has been kept hidden from us. Hemsworth said the events of Avengers 2 are personal for Thor and will effect the events taking place in Thor 3 (production for which has begun, I understand).
I'm not going to dally: I have a post I am trying to finish up, so just wanted to suggest you re-visit the David post again, and I am working on getting a big post done this weekend!
Eat Your Art Out,
The Fine Art Diner