Saturday, June 15, 2013

TRAILERS: The Hobbit: Desolation Of Smaug; 300 Rise Of An Empire

I am still so sick, I can't even summon the energy to write a few lines about this amazing image. The purpose, however, of this blog is to provide you the tools to do your own critiques and develop your own awareness about your interaction with art. So I will say this: "Desolation" is one of the characters in the film; not just as it appears in the landscape above, but other ways in which it might appear (such as, for example, the "desolation of comfort," and "spiritual desolation"). So why would desolation play such an important role in the film, and how have we all ready "seen" this character in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey? Have we seen "desolation" in other films? (Hint: Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness).
As many of you know, I get quite ill at times. Even when I am not sick, I am not really well, either. I am truly sorry for not having posted anything at all in so long, however, I am feeling better and plan on seeing Man Of Steel this weekend. Thank you so much for checking here each day and for all the emails inquiring into how I am doing; I won't have time to respond to them all, but I can't thank you enough for your kindness and prayers! The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug has released the first trailer for the December opening; again, if you haven't read JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit, please, do so as it's a wonderful book and the film looks like it will be awesome itself:
I am still working on posts for both Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey, and will be posting those in December to get us refreshed and ready for viewing Desolation Of Smaug. And I wasn't expecting this! 300: Rise Of An Empire has released their first trailer
There is a ton to discuss with both these trailers, but it will have to wait just a wee bit. Again, I do apologize for taking so long to get back, but it was beyond my control and I am ready to start posting again. Have a blessed weekend!
Eat Your Art Out,
The Fine Art Diner
P.S.--Something we must do next week is discuss, in depth, zombies. World War Z opens and that is going to change the "zombie genre" forever; I know you may not think that is important, but that's my job to persuade you otherwise. If you have not read my posts on the two most important zombie films ever made, My Favorite Zombie: Night Of the Living Dead or Being-Unto-Death: Carnival Of Souls, I will be referencing them and WWZ probably will, too, so you might at least glance at them if you have a moment.