Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Watch Pre-Review

I did see The Watch last night,… I am glad I saw it for the sake of this blog, however, I wouldn’t suggest you see it: there is an orgy scene and so much foul language and disgusting sexual references that I felt dirty coming out of the film. If you can get past all the filth, I think there is a good message hiding under there,… but is it worth it? It only has a 14% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, so I know it’s not just me. It appears the film is begging for a deconstruction (it holds up a value only to show how that value is being undermined and isn’t being valued at all), but I almost don’t know that it would be worth it. Once again, I am still working on The Dark Knight Rises,... if you haven't seen that and are in the mood for a film this weekend, see it!