Monday, February 27, 2012

On the Menu...

I hope everyone enjoyed the Oscars last night, it was so good to have Billy Crystal back! I am nearly done with my post for Chronicle, I just loved that film, there is so much to it! I will be getting that up today and then I plan on watching Act of Valor and Gone tonight. The reason I am interested in Gone is because it involves a serial killer specifically targeting women, so in this it echoes The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, finding a killer of women. But this killer of women, I am predicting, with be a cultural indictment rather than a person, a critique about behavior and not just a police report. I have no plans to see Project X opening this weekend, but I am interested to see The Lorax: films always encode their real message, if a story isn't using symbols to communicate, then it is a documentary. Despite everyone saying that The Lorax is about "saving the trees," I actually don't think that's what it's going to be about.