Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globe Nominees & Winners

This weekend I saw The Devil Inside and it wasn't what I thought it was going to be at all, and I mean that in a very good way! I also saw Meryl Streep in The Iron Lady and, let me tell you, it was a sold out showing on a Saturday afternoon (which I was not expecting) and I wasn't even the youngest person in the audience (which I was expecting); it was wonderful, and even though I am not a fan of Meryl Streep, she was fantastic! She received the Golden Globe for her performance and she truly deserves it! I have those two reviews done and will be getting them up today and tomorrow!
Well, these are just selections of the Best of the Best: when there is a lot of divergence amongst the various awarding groups (as there have been so far thus) it demonstrates, again, all the incredible films which have been released; the nominations for the Oscars will be announced January 24 and I will post them asap, but you can tell that the differences between the Golden Globes--even just in the body of nominations--differs radically from the Critics Choice awards so it will be very interesting to see what is nominated for Hollywood's top honors!

Best Motion Picture - Drama

WINNER The Descendants (2011)

Other Nominees:

The Help (2011)
Hugo (2011/II)
Moneyball (2011)
War Horse (2011)

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy

WINNER The Artist (2011)

Other Nominees:

50/50 (2011)
My Week with Marilyn (2011)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama

Other Nominees:

Brad Pitt for Moneyball (2011)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama

WINNER Meryl Streep for The Iron Lady (2011)

Other Nominees:

Tilda Swinton for We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011)

Best Director - Motion Picture

WINNER

Martin Scorsese for Hugo (2011/II)

Other Nominees:

Alexander Payne for The Descendants (2011)

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture